Close to Nowhere – Ep. 60
Episode 60! It’s been a great journey so far, and it’s only getting better with age. Close to Nowhere has expanded to almost three times the artists it started with, and the more the merrier I say!
This week I’ve got a bit of a surprise for you – well, depends how you look at it. I’d like to try something never attempted on radio before (I think…). I want to write a song with someone I’ve never met, and probably will never meet depending on where they are in the world. By this I mean I would like to co-write a piece of music (instrumentation provided by me) with one of my listeners creating the lyrics for a song. So at one end I’ll cover the backing music, at your end you’ll write the lyrics! The only stipulation is that you’ll need to have access to recording software, because you’ll need to record your vocals and send them over to me so I can mix them to the backing music.
If you have any questions about this, please let me know firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be happy to walk you through it. If you’d like to try your hand at this project just head over to the fanpage www.facebook.com/closetonowhere and let me know! This has never been tried before here at Recharged Radio so I have no idea how it will turn out, fingers crossed!
Now, to the music:
1. I don’t care anymore – Mis Divine
2. Ninjas and elephants – Hot English
3. The Deadly Winter – The Deadly Winters
4. Street sweeper – Shimmergloom
5. Lift me up – Simon Wright band
6. Sunshine in the sea – Peter Carr
7. Seperation anxiety – Draven
8. Swing – Terri Marie
9. Internet educated – Tony Steele
10. UNTITLED – Peter Renzullo and ?
11. Sigh of relief – Aewon
12. Skylight pt. 1 – Elenor Lupretz
13. Get there, get there – The Long March
14. Follow me down – Lynda Smyth & the Borrowed Few
15. Life on a string – Heath Marshall
Ok, that’s it for this week. I’ll catch you next time, and good luck with the little challenge. Get cracking on some lyrics!